Sunday, July 18, 2010

An Oxymoron: Colorado Boudin


I found this treasure {well, what I thought was "treasure"}.
Being somewhat of an optimist I thought we should try this boudin of the west.   
A local Colorado company trying the most southern food one could possibly try to make north of the Mason - Dixon line, what could go wrong?
ALOT!
It is awful spicy tough sausage with some flakes of rice in it. The casing one could eat! Doesn't everyone know if it is TRUE boudin one does NOT eat the casing because it is made from pig intestines.
Westerns please stick to the original recipe of the cajuns: if making the food turns your stomach it is probably delicious! Just like eating crawfish with the poop on top...yummy! :-)
Hackets and Market Basket we miss you!

Side note: The company is by Sara's Sausage. I should have known because I spell my name with a "h" Sarah. Don't trust things when your name is spelled incorrect, this is my new motto in life.

2 comments:

  1. So funny! Basically it was sausage posing as boudin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up. I like your thinking of the name spelling. :)

    ReplyDelete