Sunday, March 14, 2010

The past month from the move

To keep a promise to my mom I will try to update and post as many pics as one would care to see of us!
Here we go...

Heading across New Mexico for the big move we start seeing this weather in our 4x2. Not great and a bit nervous.
Having to Stop at the first town in Colorado Madeline and Anna Kate enjoyed the snow. For the first time in my life I did not want to see the white stuff.


This is what we woke up to the next morning! Yikes! We stayed until check-out time and cautiously slide carefully onto the road. Steven literally looked for a 4-wheel drive car dealership while we were stuck in the motel room on the internet- not one until the next bigger town (go figure).

We made it and are semi-moved in the house. All is back to normal drinking milk and eating apples.

Mommy's new babysitter while unpacking and daddy is now working at his new office, no longer at home :-(

Here is part of the trail behind our house...all that come visit will be pleased with the view. We can not wait until it is a little warmer and the grass is green. Actually it's snowing right now as I post this.                          Spring where are you?!?

Within a week we traded the ol' Southern 4x2 SUV and got an all-wheel drive wagon...yes, that's right a wagon. Steven pointed out how uncool we now are. Oh well, mom and dad' s are suppose to be worried about safety not coolness! Plus Colorado is fulled with these types of vehicles so at least we are all uncool together :-)

First little drive headed west since we got here...

This is an amazing place called Red Rock amphitheater just outside of Denver- here everyone from the Beatles to U2 have played here. Sting is coming in June, trying to talk Steven into surprising me with tickets :-)
Steven is down there waving his arms. There was an all boys choir practicing so neat!
 
The girls and me. Denver skyline is over my shoulder in the back ground.

Of course my all time favorite band the Beatles. I guess this is the closest I will get to them in spirit. We have seen Paul McCartney play in Denver which was wonderful but, nothing I am sure like seeing the magical 4 play here at Red Rocks.


There we go, the first set of stuff we have done 'round here.

No comments:

Post a Comment